Lisa Cuchara, Ph.D. is very passionate about photography, both behind the lens and in the digital darkroom. From birds and flowers to babies and UrbEx/HDR, she embraces the challenge of interpreting what her eyes see and her heart feels through her work. Lisa is PPA Certified as Master-Photographic Craftsman as well as Master of Photography (M. Photog.), and is an Honorary Member of the New England Camera Club Council (HonNEC). She and her husband Tom have been professional portrait photographers for over 16 years.
Lisa and Tom have had many successful gallery exhibitions, have had work accepted into many juried exhibitions and have won awards throughout the world. Their work has appeared in Adirondack Life, Wild Bird, Birder’s World, in calendars and on calendar covers, and even on the cover of a paperback novel. Lisa has also had images accepted into the PPA (Professional Photographers Association) loan collection and is a three-time Bronze Medalist in PPA photographic competitions. Lisa and Tom have published two books with Amherst Media: Create Fine Art Photographs from Historic Places and Rusty Things and The Frog Whisperer (macro photography with frogs as subjects). They have presented programs and workshops at photo groups and conventions on many topics, including Photoshop, digital workflow, HDR, RAW processing, macro photography, and travel photography.
Learn more at www.PhotographyByLisaAndTom.com.
Members will be sent a link to join the November 17 Zoom meeting. If you are not a member and would like to join it, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
before November 16 and request a Zoom link be emailed to you.
Zoom will work on most devices that connect to the Internet, but we recommend you use a desktop computer or laptop to take advantage of a larger screen.
1. You can get a feel for how Zoom works by joining a “test meeting” at https://zoom.us/test. The Zoom website has excellent training videos, as does YouTube (search “how to join a Zoom meeting”). Or, ask a friend who uses Zoom for help and perhaps to have a test call with you.
2. You will need to download the Zoom application on your computer. Click the “download” button next to “Zoom Client for Meetings” at https://zoom.us/download and follow instructions to install the application.
3. We will send you an email with the link to join the meeting a few days before the meeting.
4. Plan to log into the meeting at 6:30 to give the host time to solve any technical problems that may arise.
5. Join the meeting by clicking on the link provided in the email (if you have not download the application, the system will ask you to do so prior to joining the meeting). You will be also asked for your name to display to the other members.
While there are no physical meetings scheduled for this month, keep current on virtual activities through email or our website: https://sierraphotonyc.com.